Enchanted Voyagers Motorcycle Organization Forum

The Enchanted Voyagers Association is a chapter of the American Voyager Association.  The club was formed by Kawasaki Voyager Riders in New Mexico, but is open to all riders.  Please feel free to use this service.

Enchanted Voyagers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Good Morning

Good morning all
39 here with cloudy skies. Only getting up to 59 today. Looks like a cool weekend here. Had a little rain yesterday with family and friends here for Thanksgiving.
Get any articles in to me for the newsletter coming out the first of next month. Get your dues in to Brenda for next year.
Yall have a great day.

RR

Re: Good Morning

Hey RR,
You said something about going to court I think on Monday. How did that turn out? I can't believe some officer would be that stiff necked! Please keep us updated, as I believe we have all faced this dilemma of whether or not to run an unsesponsive signal. Hopefully the judge is a little more compassionate.

Bob in Tucson

Re: Re: Good Morning

Good morning Bob & Dorothy
Glad to hear from you two. Hope your Thanksgiving was good.
I made it out of court anyhow. The judge said he couldn't allow me to break the law. He did reduce the fine from $75 to $44 and said the ticket wouldn't show up on my record. His suggestion also was to find an alternate route. This is a major east-west route I use quite often, so guess I have to make a different route around that light. I can either go further north and make a left turn on White Sands across traffic or go further south on White Sands and turn right and cross a couple lanes of traffic to get to my route. This sounds complicated if you don't know the area, but basically it is jogging around the light and crossing traffic on a busy route.
I had called DPS many years ago about this light and nothing changed, but called again after this incident, so will see what happens. The judge also suggested I carry some rocks with me which shows everyone believes it works by weight. I am sure he was kidding about rocks but just shows they don't know how this system works.
Yall have a great day.

RR

Re: Re: Re: Good Morning

Hey, RR...
Another way around that problem is to buy a more massive bike...Like a Voyager 1300 'Beast'. I never have problems with the lights around Albuquerque when I'm on it. Of course, I don't think I've ever been through the light you're talking about, either. Have a Great Day!!

Ride Safe & Sane;
Hank, Rusty & Ol'Faithful
Voyager 1300/6~The Original Voyager

Re: Re: Re: Re: Good Morning

Rod what is the value of having an attorney in the EVA if you don't call him and ask for help? Next time just call. You do plenty for all of us and I'd like a chance to return the favor!

I think I could have handled this with a dismissal after getting some information from the city traffic engineer. Give me a chance to help next time! Enjoy the rest of the holiday!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Good Morning

Will do WhiskeyDoc
Didn't want to bother you as a lot of professional people who belong to groups like this don't want to be bothered with expecting to provide free professional help.
Thx again.

RR