Enchanted Voyagers Motorcycle Organization Forum

The Enchanted Voyagers Association is a chapter of the American Voyager Association.  The club was formed by Kawasaki Voyager Riders in New Mexico, but is open to all riders.  Please feel free to use this service.

Enchanted Voyagers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Good Morning

Good morning all
Had a nice day yesterday of clouds and rain. It was from a cool front that came thru. Down to 47 this morning heading for 75. Should be up to 80 in a couple days. Things are definitely cooling off. Will be missing the warm weather soon.
Yall have a great day.

RR

Re: Good Morning

Good Morning, RR & Everyone!
Got the shots for my trip Friday, and my arms hurt so bad Saturday that I just spent the day at home, did not get to work on Rusty like I wanted to. Does anyone know where I can get rid of old gas? I have a canfull thats about 9 months old, and don't want to put it back in the bike. Everyone have a Great Day!!

Ride Safe & Sane;
Hank, Rusty & Ol'Faithful
Voyager 1300/6~The Original Voyager!

Re: Re: Good Morning

Use it in your lawn mower,it will burn fine.
OR- set the can in the back forty with the cover off and it WILL evaporate over time

Re: Re: Re: Good Morning/Hey, Dennis!

Hi!
I appreciate your suggestions, but there are a few problems...I live in an apartment, and don't have either a lawnmower, or a 'back 40'. Would an auto parts store take it (I know they recycle oil)?
Have a great day!

Ride Safe & Sane;

Re: Re: Re: Re: Good Morning/Hey, Dennis!

1. Give it to anyone with a car or truck,they will gladly take gas., 2.Give it to the landlord for his mower.-------- DONT POUR IT DOWN THE SINK.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Good Morning/Hey, Dennis!

Hey, Dennis;
The gas is in a can in my 'garage' (a 10x20 storage unit about 5 miles from my apartment) I know about pouring it down a sink (I did that once as a teenager and got whopped by my Dad). I'd like to keep the can (I want to use it to get fresh gas for Rusty when she's ready to go.) I'll entertain any other ideas!
Thanks!

Ride Safe & Sane;

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Good Morning/Hey, Dennis!

Back in the days when I had a truck, if I had some stale gas, I would just pour it into the truck. A gallon of stale gas mixed with 15 gallons of fresh gas won't hurt anything! Good luck.