Enchanted Voyagers Motorcycle Organization Forum

The Enchanted Voyagers Association is a chapter of the American Voyager Association.  The club was formed by Kawasaki Voyager Riders in New Mexico, but is open to all riders.  Please feel free to use this service.

Enchanted Voyagers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pie Run

Hi everyone,
Well being a newby, I thought I'd try my hand on this forum. As much as we'd like to go to Pie Town and meet some more of you guys, we'll be biking in Glenwood Springs, Colorado as part of a 1500 mile trek with some of our other biker friends. Ah, to be retired and have time on your hands!! Everyone take care.

Bob in Tucson

Re: Pie Run

Sounds like a fun ride. I suppose you will be taking the scenic ride thru Colorado. It is a beautiful state to go thru. Lots of mountain passes and such.
This sounds like the makings of a good article for the EV newsletter. Even though it isn't an EV event it still could make for good reading.
Maybe in another 5 years or so I will be retired and be able to make more rides. Now I need to work to pay for the gas.
If you get a chance, go to Leadville. It is a really nice town and not a tourist trap. They have several very good museums and the currators love to talk about things. The Opera house is very good. Lots of places to eat also. Can't remember the name of the one I went to while there, but it was close to the Opera House and was very good.
Let us know how it went when you get back. And have a good ride.
Say HI to Dorothy for me.

RR

Re: Re: Pie Run

Interesting you should mention Leadville. One of the other bikers has a niece there, and we plan to go through there to visit her. We wondered what there is to do in Leadville, and you've given us some options. Thanks! We'll try to put something together when we get back for this forum.
Bob

Re: Re: Re: Pie Run

Bob & Dorothy
I just happened to think, if you look on the 'Photos' area 'COG Rally 2008' and then 'COG Rally' to the left here, you will see a few pictures from Leadville.
I really liked it there. And the roads going there were great also.

RR