Enchanted Voyagers Motorcycle Organization Forum

The Enchanted Voyagers Association is a chapter of the American Voyager Association.  The club was formed by Kawasaki Voyager Riders in New Mexico, but is open to all riders.  Please feel free to use this service.

Enchanted Voyagers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
More on the road to Rolling Thunder

On the road to Rolling Thunder; day 2

The day started slowly due to rain in TX. I did have that second cup of coffee and after the rain stopped I left Heather's house around 9:30.

Once on the road the weather was overcast most of the way out of Texas and through Louisiana. I only made a total of 450 miles on Wednesday due to the late start.

Finally gave it up in Vicksburg, MS after staying ahead of the storm all day. Found a room at a Days Inn that promised internet, but the signal was so weak it didn't work.

Day 3; May 15

I left Vicksburg at 5:30 am only to get caught in really hard rain within 20 minutes of leaving. The rain was so bad it took me until after lunch to make a full 100 miles! I learned during the 100 miles that my rain jacket wasn't really a rain jacket and my gloves weren't waterproof. A quick stop at a WalMart solved both problems.

Shortly after that the rain slowed to a near stop and I made it all the Way to Tuscaloosa, AL with no more serious rain.

The rain stayed down most of the rest of today. I finally stopped at a Motel 6 in Anniston-Oxford, AL. About 90 miles west of Atlanta. I am now only about 400 miles from Charleston, SC and I should be able to do that tomorrow as there is less rain predicted! Thank goodness!

It has been a fun trip so far. I have made this trip several times in a car, but never on a motorcycle. Very different experience this way. I am enjoying my 2nd childhood! Have a great day!