Enchanted Voyagers Motorcycle Organization Forum

The Enchanted Voyagers Association is a chapter of the American Voyager Association.  The club was formed by Kawasaki Voyager Riders in New Mexico, but is open to all riders.  Please feel free to use this service.

Enchanted Voyagers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Good morning

Good morning all
Was down to 72 this morning, but up to 87 already, heading for 101 with clear skies. Today is my friday off. Been for a bicycle ride into town already this morning. Went early to get home before it got too hot.
Had a long night last night. My PC had a problem and messed up some file in the boot sequence, so wouldn't boot up. Couldn't even recover with the Windows disc, so had to reinstall. Was up til 2 this morning getting the updates done and some apps re-installed. Still have more to do, so I guess my morning is planned.
Will be in Silver City in 2 weeks!. Well, not really, should be somewhere on the road up to Alpine for lunch.
I will have to start getting vehicles checked for emissions starting in another year also, when I move to Texas. No inspections here in New Mexico. Can't say as I miss that.
Yall have a great day.

RR

Re: Good morning

Good Afternoon, everybody, and Happy Friday! took the 'flip-top cage' in to work today, I'm starting to 'clean out my desk' and had to bring some stuff home. I'm planning on working on 'the Grey Lady tomorrow, one of the attach points for the lowers is broken off of the fairing and need to figure out a way to fabricate a new one. I also need to buy some of the 't-nuts' from Ma Kaw so I can replace the one that broke out. RR, do you (or does any one else?) know what the V12 fairings are made out of? Is it polypropylene or polystyrene? I'm thinking of 'plastic welding' the parts together and need the plastic composition so I can use the right 'stick' when I do the welding job. We'll see what happens with this! I hope you all have fun at the ET, wish I could be there! Everyone Have a Great Day!!

Ride Safe & Sane;
Hank, Lil'Putt, & the Grey Lady

Re: Good morning

Hank, the plastic is ABS. I forget what that stands for, but all you need to know is ABS.