Enchanted Voyagers Motorcycle Organization Forum

The Enchanted Voyagers Association is a chapter of the American Voyager Association.  The club was formed by Kawasaki Voyager Riders in New Mexico, but is open to all riders.  Please feel free to use this service.

Enchanted Voyagers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Saturday Morning!

Good morning all
Got home about 11 last night. Took a shower and went to bed. First time in a week in an actual bed. Slept good also. Nice to be back home with Cindy, but I did have a great time in Cortez.
Washed 2880 miles and 1 weeks worth of bugs off the C14 already. Thought it was time to post here. Was great in Cortez, lots of nice roads to ride. Went sightseeing with Dave every day on a different route. Monument Valley, Arches National Monument and a couple other rides on some really nice roads. Had a good time around the campfire most of the nights. A couple nights I was tired and just turned in early. The weather was good. A few showers around the area the first couple days, but Wednesday and Thursday were clear and warm. Lows in the low 60's and highs in the upper 80's. The places we rode were higher in elevation, so were cooler. Arches was rather warm though, but the scenery was great. I will post pictures on the web when I get time.
Was going to ride thru Leadville on the way home, but when I was on route 133 I saw signs saying the road was closed that day from 11 to 4 for blasting, so I had to backtrack about 60 miles and just came home the direct way. Still, about 900 miles for the day. And I did get to ride the Black Canyon of the Gunnison both ways.
Have lots of things to get caught up on the computer.
Yall have a great day.

RR