Enchanted Voyagers Motorcycle Organization Forum

The Enchanted Voyagers Association is a chapter of the American Voyager Association.  The club was formed by Kawasaki Voyager Riders in New Mexico, but is open to all riders.  Please feel free to use this service.

Enchanted Voyagers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
It's Monday..........

Hey everyone,
Our weather changed finally to fall/winter weather. This morning our temp reads 50, and it shouldn't get above 75 today. Got a guy coming out this morning to p/u an old (but working) fridge of ours which is currently sitting in our front yard. This is going to a single mother of 4 who is down on her luck, so it's kind of a feel-good moment. I think I'll be working today on installing soffet vent around the eaves of our house. I'd like to get this done this week. So far, it's stacking up to be a pretty good week. Blessings on everyone.

Re: It's Monday..........

Good morning Bob. Sounds like you are always busy. Missy and I (my four year old Lab) just got back from our walk. I don't know if you remember when we were at the cabin on the ET and I mentioned that I was finding saw dust in the basement. And you and I found it odd that carpenter ants would eat cedar. However, there is half inch particle board sub floor on top of the cedar. So when I was replacing the flooring I found the nest of ants under the fridge. The ants had eaten a hole in the particle board and had started eating the cedar. Thought you might find that interesting. I have pictures to show next time we are together.
Have a good day.

Fascinating little creatures aren't they? Glad you found it before they damaged anything structural. When we lived in Flagstaff, we had a few carpenter ants in one of our closets, and had it treated. Down here in Vail, we all worry about termites. Take care.

Carpenter Ants? - or maybe the beginning of a Stephen King movie.