Enchanted Voyagers Motorcycle Organization Forum

The Enchanted Voyagers Association is a chapter of the American Voyager Association.  The club was formed by Kawasaki Voyager Riders in New Mexico, but is open to all riders.  Please feel free to use this service.

Enchanted Voyagers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Going camping

Bob & Dorothy
Have a good time camping. Hopefully it won't be too cold for camping. At least not like in Alpine.
Was cool for a bit of the ride into work last night. Was 64 when I left home, but about 10 miles south of town got down to 39 and a while later back up to 62. Same on the way home, started out at 56, then the same place south of town it got down to 37 for a bit and back up to 56 in town. Currently 58 with the sun shining brightly to warm things.
Short turnaround today. Back at work at 7 tonight so one guy can go trick-or-treating with his son. Will be a 12 hour night, then back to 8 hours for another couple days and then back to my normal work.
Yall have a great day.

RR

Bet you the cold temps were recorded in a wash. That's the way it works here!

Yeah, I live in a wash & the low here is 6 degrees cooler here than in downtown.

Bob
Have you checked the speedometer drive on the front wheel? That is also a weak spot in the speedometer drive system. It has a worm gear that goes out after a while. I used to have to replace my drive gear every 50,000 miles or so. You can replace the whole unit or purchase the two gears and just replace them.

RR

Bob B and I got home from Oklahoma yesterday about 5:oo. Had a good ride over the winding stair mountains. The weather was good but the trees were not in full color. It has been a strange fall. Warmer than normal. Looking forward to the lunch ride in Umbarger the 8th.