Enchanted Voyagers Motorcycle Organization Forum

The Enchanted Voyagers Association is a chapter of the American Voyager Association.  The club was formed by Kawasaki Voyager Riders in New Mexico, but is open to all riders.  Please feel free to use this service.

Enchanted Voyagers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Gettin ready

I got the new fuel pump (thank you RR) on the bike last Thursday and it runs great. Plan to start packing this PM. Charlie and I plan to leave Wedn. and angle up through Show Low Quemado and Grants, and then up towards Chama, and across to Taos and then down to Guadalupita. Lots of pretty country around there. I particularly like the road eastward out of Tierra Amarilla towards Taos. Look forward to seeing all of you on Thursday. Ride safely.
Bob

Re: Gettin ready

Good Morning, All;
I've been checking the wx in Mora, and it looks like there's a 70-80% chance of sunshine or partly cloudy next weekend. We may not need the raingear, but I'm going to bring mine anyway. 65/88 in ABQ today, with a slight chance for rain. I need to take a ride out to Mountainair after Church to take some measurements and clean a bit. I will not have the time to get into serious work. Everyone Have a Great Lords' Day!!!

Ride Safe & Sane;
EVA Hank

Hope Bob and Charlie you have a great trip. And that road, US64 going east from Tierra Amarilla is really nice. That is the road I took on my original planning trip and was hoping to make it part of the ET, but it would be a rather long ride of a little over 300 miles, probably too much for some people. With the bad 1 1/2 mile stretch of gravel road required to get out of the Rio Grande valley that pretty much took that part of the ride out. I have been on that route several times and enjoyed it every time. Enjoy your ride.
Loaded my route data in the GPS this weekend, so just have to pack. Cindy finished the BBQ and just has to fix the beans and that will be ready.
Looking forward to seeing yall in a few more days.

RR

Bob in Tucson
Charlie and I plan to leave Wedn. and angle up through Show Low Quemado and Grants, and then up towards Chama, and across to Taos and then down to Guadalupita.
Bob

You mean you're going to bypass Pie Town? I got some of the best pie I've ever eaten there.

This is just a big hoax! There is no pie in Pietown!