Enchanted Voyagers Motorcycle Organization Forum

The Enchanted Voyagers Association is a chapter of the American Voyager Association.  The club was formed by Kawasaki Voyager Riders in New Mexico, but is open to all riders.  Please feel free to use this service.

Enchanted Voyagers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Home Again !!

Good Afternoon , Everyone!
I just got home from a day or so of chasing the infamous Rocket Rod all over northern NM. This was the Recon run for the E.T., and I think there's going to be a lot of fun in store for everyone come August. I also got to try out my new Honda NT700V 'mini' sport tourer, and it made the trip a whole lot more fun. The course we checked out was for the Friday ride, Rod says the Saturday run will be around the Enchanted Circle. The Friday run includes a ride past Sipapu, with a stop in Santa Fe for lunch. It also included about a 1-mile stretch of dirt that, after riding it, I gave Rod a 'thumbs down' on. My little Honda was able to make it through, but if I'd been on my v17, it would have probably fallen apart about halfway up the hill. I'm sure RR agrees with me on dropping that stretch, which will be replaced with about 50 miles of 'boring' highway. I'll take 'boring' over my bike falling apart anyday!! We also talked to the owner of the cabins, and were assured that all would be ready for us when we arrive. It's gonna be fun, and I can hardly wait!! Everyone Have a Great Weekend!!

Ride Safe & Sane;
Hank S V2

Dirt road

Rod, how does that "dirt road" compare to the unpaved detour we took on the River Road in Big Bend a few years ago?

Hank S.
Good Afternoon , Everyone!
The Friday run includes a ride past Sipapu, with a stop in Santa Fe for lunch. It also included about a 1-mile stretch of dirt that, after riding it, I gave Rod a 'thumbs down' on. My little Honda was able to make it through, but if I'd been on my v17, it would have probably fallen apart about halfway up the hill. I'm sure RR agrees with me on dropping that stretch, which will be replaced with about 50 miles of 'boring' highway. I'll take 'boring' over my bike falling apart anyday!!

Ride Safe & Sane;
Hank S V2

Re: Dirt road

Got home about 4:30, got the stuff out of the bike and partially prepared for leaving next Thursday for Hutto and parts east.
The dirt road is going up a hill and is pretty bad washboard. That is the worst part. Had to go in 1st just because of that. Will end up going further north to Taos and west over the Rio Grande Gorge.
The weekend ride was great. Was nice and cool up north. Was in the mid 50's and didn't really warm up until a ways past Sipapu when we dropped down in elevation. Was cloudy and cool up until then. Great sleeping weather.
Have to write a ride report for the newsletter coming out first of July.
Yall have a great day.

RR