Enchanted Voyagers Motorcycle Organization Forum

The Enchanted Voyagers Association is a chapter of the American Voyager Association.  The club was formed by Kawasaki Voyager Riders in New Mexico, but is open to all riders.  Please feel free to use this service.

Enchanted Voyagers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Good Morning!

Well, it's 68 headed for 92 in ABQ today. The V17 is gone. I traded it in yesterday afternoon for a Honda NT700V 'commuting' bike. It's really fun to ride, has a 700cc VTwin engine (I would have preferred a parallel twin, but you get what's available), has about 5000 miles on it and is in really good condition. It should last me quite awhile. I need to get a trunk for it (it already has bags), but that will happen later. The riding position is more on the 'sporting' side, so I will not be taking interstate trips on this, but it will be great for commuting to work. I'll probably take a ride to Mountainair after church today to familiarize myself with it. When I get my V12 running, and move to Mountainair, they'll probably 'share' commuting duties (to keep the carbs on the V12 from gooing up again.)
Everyone Have a Great Day!!

Ride Safe & Sane;
Hank & 'the Grey Lady' (singular now)

Re: Good Morning!

Hank S.
Well, it's 68 headed for 92 in ABQ today. The V17 is gone. I traded it in yesterday afternoon for a Honda NT700V 'commuting' bike. It's really fun to ride, has a 700cc VTwin engine (I would have preferred a parallel twin, but you get what's available), has about 5000 miles on it and is in really good condition. It should last me quite awhile. I need to get a trunk for it (it already has bags), but that will happen later. The riding position is more on the 'sporting' side, so I will not be taking interstate trips on this, but it will be great for commuting to work. I'll probably take a ride to Mountainair after church today to familiarize myself with it. When I get my V12 running, and move to Mountainair, they'll probably 'share' commuting duties (to keep the carbs on the V12 from gooing up again.)
Everyone Have a Great Day!!

Ride Safe & Sane;
Hank & 'the Grey Lady' (singular now)

Hank, the NT700 may be a bit small and underpowered for touring but I wouldn't so easily discount its "sporting" riding position. It takes a little time to develop a good riding posture especially if you're coming from a cruiser but that position can become very comfortable. Both Rod and I have managed to put quite a bit of miles on bikes with slightly sporty riding positions. With the right posture, there's not much pressure on your hands and you don't need a back support because of the position your back is in.

A high percentage of participants in the annual Iron Butt rally choose sport touring bikes. Most of the others choose adventure touring bikes.