Enchanted Voyagers Motorcycle Organization Forum

The Enchanted Voyagers Association is a chapter of the American Voyager Association.  The club was formed by Kawasaki Voyager Riders in New Mexico, but is open to all riders.  Please feel free to use this service.

Enchanted Voyagers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Back Home

Just wanted to let everyone know I made it home safe and sound, had a very good weekend and very good company.

The Judge

Re: Back Home

Glad you made it home safely. Was nice seeing you again. Looking forward to the HCT. Say HI to Sandra. The new bike is looking great.

RR

I got home a little before 5pm yesterday. I went home via US90 to Del Rio. Between Sanderson and Del Rio, the wind was brutal. Near Comstock, I enciunterd stopped traffic and a bunch of flashind red lights. After s few minutes, a helicopter took off (I assum it was flying someone to a hospital). WHen traffic started moving, I noticied a semi truck and trailer upside down in the dry creekbed. Apparently, the wind has forced it over/through the gaurdrail.

Oops! I forgot to post last night. My bad! Charlie and I left the campground about 7:30 and made it back to my place at 6:00 last night Az time. About 12 1/2 hours in the saddle. Charlie just left here about 30 minutes ago and has about a 4 1/2 hour ride ahead of him. Weather was real nice till we hit NM, and then had to contend with a brutal crosswind coming from the south. But by the time we hit Az, the wind shifted around from the west and we had mostly head wind. Kills the mileage, but doesn't blow you all over the road.
Brad, we wondered if that was you guys behind us, but lost track of you when we hit Alpine. We really enjoyed the time with you all. Charlie in particular is finding out how much fun we guys have on these excursions. Looking forward to HCT, where we think we'll have the women with us. Take care all.
Bob