Enchanted Voyagers Motorcycle Organization Forum

The Enchanted Voyagers Association is a chapter of the American Voyager Association.  The club was formed by Kawasaki Voyager Riders in New Mexico, but is open to all riders.  Please feel free to use this service.

Enchanted Voyagers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Good morning

Good morning all
Back from Hutto and back to work again. Was a great time for Christmas week. Drove thru freezing rain for a while in Texas, but the sun came out when we crossed into New Mexico.
Down to 27 so far this morning. Have the electrics ready to wear to work this morning.
Welcome back Hank. Glad the trip went well.
Yall have a great day.

RR

Re: Good morning

Good Morning, All;
Back to work this morning (Yawn!) One good thing that happened on the trip is that I found out what that 'oil leak' was all about. Turns out it was gas. I normally overfill the tank a bit when I'm on a trip to try to squeeze a few more miles out of a tankfull. I did that in Socorro (again) on the way west, pulled the bike into a parking space, went in to the store to get a cup of coffee, came back out, and there was this big puddle under the bike. I started getting worried, bent down and checked...it was Gas! So, the V17 now has a clean bill of health. Apparently, the puddles resulted from gas running out the overflow after I filled it. I don't fill it quite so full now, but she is overdue for an oil change!

Ride Safe & Sane;
Hank & 'The Grey Ladies'

Hank
If you do fill the gas tank to full, do it just before heading out. If you fill it and then do other things, the gas will expand from heat. I would do the other things first and then fill the tank to full and head out right away and no problem.

RR

RR...
OAT was 32 Degrees F...

That is heat from the engine.

RR