Enchanted Voyagers Motorcycle Organization Forum

The Enchanted Voyagers Association is a chapter of the American Voyager Association.  The club was formed by Kawasaki Voyager Riders in New Mexico, but is open to all riders.  Please feel free to use this service.

Enchanted Voyagers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
GMEVA...

Good Morning, All;
Got the 1700 back last night. It still sounds like a bunch of bolts being rattled around in a tin can. Guess I need to dig in and fix the problem (seems like the speedo is loose in it's mounts.) 30/48 in Abq today, and I'm riding in again, and will be doing so until I get the engine rebuilt in the 'cage'. Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!!

Ride Safe & Sane;
Hank & 'The Grey Ladies'

Re: GMEVA...

Good morning all
Haven't seen the sun since last Thursday in New Mexico. Have driven thru more rain than I have seen in years. Drove on icy roads thru eastern New Mexico and western Texas until I got to Brady when it finally got above freezing. The car had a coating of ice and I had to stop every once in a while to scrape the ice off the windshield wipers. And there was always a little ice on the windshield. Turned to rain rather than freezing rain and snow in Brady. Then it cleaned off the salt and sand from the undercarriage of the car.
And it was cold in Huto, don't think it got above the low 40's with wind. Then coming here we rode thru more rain a little off and on. Saw some bright skies, but never the direct sun. Was warmer here, but more rain. LOOOOTTTTSSS more rain. No rain today. Guess it is supposed to clear off today. No rain and cloudy and 46 heading for 56 today.
Nice being with family here. Andrea came with us from Houston, so it is a great time.
Bob, welcome back to the land of the living. Hopefully we can get together for a lunch ride, maybe in February. Will have to schedule something for December, probably the 14th in Corona. How does that sound Hank? And January is the lunch ride to the International Motorcycle Show in Phoenix.
Hank, good luck with the VV1700. Hope it doesn't leak oil. And the rattling might be the plastic above the dash. There are 2 screws which I had to tighten on mine. You might try just pressing down on the top of the dash while riding and you can hear the rattling. One other place it rattles is the nacelle around the key. Try pressing around there when you hear the rattling to see if it quiets. Good luck with that.
Yall have a great day.

RR