Enchanted Voyagers Motorcycle Organization Forum

The Enchanted Voyagers Association is a chapter of the American Voyager Association.  The club was formed by Kawasaki Voyager Riders in New Mexico, but is open to all riders.  Please feel free to use this service.

Enchanted Voyagers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Enchanted Tour 2014

Good morning all
It is back to the cool weather again. Was down to 55, but is up to 59 already with the clear skies. Heading for only 78 today. The cool front came thru yesterday.
As it is getting closer every day I thought I would do a recon on one of the ET rides. Monday October 14th is a holiday, so I thought I would ride up to Coyote Creek State Park Sunday after church to spend the night. Then do one of my planned rides Monday. Or most of it anyhow, getting back home Monday afternoon. I am thinking of staying at Sipapu rather than the KOA campground by Las Vegas next year. They have cabins and camping there. Some of their cabins will have room for several people. I will stop by there to check out the accommodations for that. From there, the Friday ride would be only about 240 miles. One other option is Sierra Bonita cabins just north of the Coyote Creek Park, but then the Friday ride would be about 320 miles, which wouldn't be bad either.
I am thinking of August 21-24 for the ET. Still haven't firmed that up yet either. If anyone would like to join me for the recon, let me know. I will be getting to the campground early evening of the 13th of October and do the ride Monday.
Yall have a great day.

RR

Re: Enchanted Tour 2014

Good Morning, All;
RR, I really like people that 'plan ahead'. I don't know anyone whose throttle hand itches more than yours does. I'm short on leave time or I'd join you for the recon run. I need to go to San Diego to visit my Mother this spring. By the way, when are we going to do the 'enchanted loop' again? It's been awhile...
42/77 in ABQ today. Got the Dunlop American Elite installed on the back of the V17 yesterday. Man, this thing is HUGE! It's also supposed to be 'dual compound' and the tread is really deep. We'll see how it wears. Plan on cleaning the V17 up after Church, and the V12 is down for maintenance. Everybody Have a Great Day!!

Ride Safe & Sane;
Hank & 'the Grey Ladies'