Enchanted Voyagers Motorcycle Organization Forum

The Enchanted Voyagers Association is a chapter of the American Voyager Association.  The club was formed by Kawasaki Voyager Riders in New Mexico, but is open to all riders.  Please feel free to use this service.

Enchanted Voyagers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Good morning

Good morning all
Been busy already this morning. Washed 3,400 miles of bugs and dirt off the C14. And then waxed it. Decided to get it done before the sun gets shining in the back yard which makes it more difficult to wash. The soap dries on before I can rinse.
Up to 84 already with clear skies and the humidity is high at 38%, but hopefully that will come down to a more reasonable reading.
Got home about 1:30 Saturday afternoon. Left Friday morning about 6:30 AM. The people there don't get early starts like the EV and LSV. They are a very nice bunch though. Had quite a few camping and staying in cabins at the campground, but most still motel. The next COG national will be in Johnson City, TN. It will be their 25th anniversary and they are trying to make it big. Lots of good riding around the area. Not far from Asheville. I am thinking I would like to attend.
The COG rally was great. The ride there and back home was very good also. My ride Monday morning heading to the rally in Utah was fantastic. Lots of curves and beautiful weather. I looked after I got to the flat land and I had gone 85 miles with about all curves. I think I spent more time leaning over than straight up. It was one of those rides where everything clicks and I felt like one with the C14.
I am planning on getting the newsletter out next weekend, so if you have anything for that, please send it to me.
And congratulations Brad on the new addition. And thanks again for the fantastic weekend at the Cabin and Alto.
I have pictures on the web from the ET and a few from the COG rally in Idaho Falls.
Yall have a great day.

RR

Re: Good morning

Good Morning!!
RR, I think that was the longest post I've ever seen you put on a forum!
Cleaned up the V12 this morning, and checked out the suspension. The front and rear were both down on air pressure. I normally run 30# rear and about 5# front. The front is kind of unusual, because I'm running Progressive fork springs, and everyone on the AVA Site says they don't have to run any air pressure with them, but I find that unless I run about 5PSI, the front end has no compliance at all, I feel every crack and bump. It smoothes out a lot when I add the air. I still need to replace my fork seals and change my fork oil (I'm currently running 10wt, am planning on going to 5wt), and repair my saddlebags (which have a LOT of cracks in them!), then she'll be ready for riding next spring. Everyone Have a Great LABOR DAY WEEKEND!!!

Ride Safe & Sane;
Hank & 'The Grey Ladies"