Enchanted Voyagers Motorcycle Organization Forum

The Enchanted Voyagers Association is a chapter of the American Voyager Association.  The club was formed by Kawasaki Voyager Riders in New Mexico, but is open to all riders.  Please feel free to use this service.

Enchanted Voyagers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: made it home

Got home at 1 pm today (Tues). Had a flat tire as I was leaving San Angelo yesterday a.m. The only bike shop in town is closed on Mon like they all are. When they opened (at 9a.m.!!) today, they didn't have my tire in stock. I borrowed a truck & trailer & towed it home. I'm gonna try to have the wheel off & to the Georgetown bike shop before they close today, then another $50 gas (Ford 5.4 L) to take the truck back to Sangelo. But I had a really good time prior to this. - & it could'a happened between Artesia and Hobbs!!!! Thanks again Brad.

richard b, austin
Got home at 1 pm today (Tues). Had a flat tire as I was leaving San Angelo yesterday a.m. The only bike shop in town is closed on Mon like they all are. When they opened (at 9a.m.!!) today, they didn't have my tire in stock. I borrowed a truck & trailer & towed it home. I'm gonna try to have the wheel off & to the Georgetown bike shop before they close today, then another $50 gas (Ford 5.4 L) to take the truck back to Sangelo. But I had a really good time prior to this. - & it could'a happened between Artesia and Hobbs!!!! Thanks again Brad.

I think I would have patched the tire and limped home rather than rent the trailer. I carry a plug kit and small electric air pump on the RT. When I had the Voyager, I carried an engine operated pump that screwed into a spark plug hole. I gave that pump to a guy in Liberty Hill.

---and if it's the guy I'm thinking of, he still has that pump - and I plugged the hole -- and it didn't seal, just slowed the leak Didn't rent a trailer, I called on kinfolk resources. I've got ROK towing insurance & this would've been a good time to try it and yet...