Enchanted Voyagers Motorcycle Organization Forum

The Enchanted Voyagers Association is a chapter of the American Voyager Association.  The club was formed by Kawasaki Voyager Riders in New Mexico, but is open to all riders.  Please feel free to use this service.

Enchanted Voyagers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Good morning

Good morning all
Getting better in the morning. Only down to 52 and heading for 75 again with just some high clouds. Guess I can put away my electrics now. Shouldn't need them again until coming winter.
MotoGP coming up in Austin soon. Will be leaving 3 weeks from today to get there. Will be there Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Heading back after the race Sunday to get to work Monday, probably late that day.
Then the next weekend is the HCT. Lots coming up in the next few weeks.
Yall have a great day.

RR

Re: Good morning

Good Morning, RR & Crew!
It was warm after work yesterday, so I went on a short ride. A few days ago, Duane had given me some tips on riding the V17, and I wanted to try them out, so I took the same route that I did last time (North 14, SF, I-25) only I rode it backwards (north on the freeway, south on 14) and discovered some interesting points about 'the Beast'. It LOVES the freeway. In fact, in 6th gear she isn't 'happy' below 75 (indicated), and the faster you go, the happier she gets! When I was returning on 14, I kept her in 5th gear, and the performance, while not up to 'rice rocket' standards, was more than enough for an 875+ pound touring bike. At one point on I-40 (last leg coming home) I was 'quite a bit above' legal speeds, and she wasn't even working hard, she was taking it and asking for more, so I gave her more, to the point where I started daydreaming about taking her to Germany and turning her loose on the Autobahn. Interestingly, even with all the 'superlegal' speeds, it looks like my gas mileage actually improved over my last trip!! If I can get used to riding her 'right', and afford the payments, she's definitely a keeper.
Everyone Have a Great Day!!

Ride Safe & Sane (Or at least TRY to!)
Hank & 'the Grey Ladies'

Winter is over - finally. I heard that they arrested Punxsutawney Phil for fraud. My peach blossoms didn't make it thru this last freeze

Good morning.

Brenda

Good morning all
Up to 55 here already. Guess winter is over here also. Looking to be a beautiful day to get things done outside.
Getting a few things finished on the PC and then time to get outside..
Glad you are enjoying your VV1700 Hank. It is a nice bike. Been trying to sell mine on eBay, but no luck yet. People seem to think a bike with over 10,000 miles on it is on its last legs.
Yall have a great day.

RR