Enchanted Voyagers Motorcycle Organization Forum

The Enchanted Voyagers Association is a chapter of the American Voyager Association.  The club was formed by Kawasaki Voyager Riders in New Mexico, but is open to all riders.  Please feel free to use this service.

Enchanted Voyagers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Life without the internet

Hey everyone,
Our internet connection went down on Tuesday, and wasn't restored until yesterday PM. You'd think my right hand was cut off! It's amazing how dependent on this service some of us have become. It turned out to be Century Link's problem in their wires. The kicker was that to report the problem, we had to have an account number to give them. Since we don't have a land line, our account number is not our phone number, and to fine out what our account number was required us going on line to the Century Link website. Do you sense a vicious circle here? We finally had to take the laptop to our church and use their signal to go on line. So the problem was not reported till Thursday and fixed on Friday. We have now jotted down the account number on a file folder for future reference. OK! Now all the frustration has been vented!
On a positive note, my grandson turned 18 on Thursday and we celebrated his birthday last night. Also my granddaughter in Georgia is flying in this Tuesday to spend the holidays with the family. Her husband deployed last week some time, and won't be home for several months. Needless to say, he is in our prayers. Well, enough for now. Everyone have a blessed day.
Bob

Re: Life without the internet

Congratulations on joining in with the world again. Hopefully you didn't get the shakes after a few days.
Hope you got all caught up.
And glad you will have Georgia family there for Christmas. We will be spending the Christmas week in Hutto with family, plus my oldest son and his family will be there for a couple days.
Yall have a great day.

RR