Enchanted Voyagers Motorcycle Organization Forum

The Enchanted Voyagers Association is a chapter of the American Voyager Association.  The club was formed by Kawasaki Voyager Riders in New Mexico, but is open to all riders.  Please feel free to use this service.

Enchanted Voyagers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Spring Fun Run

Good afternoon all
Talked with David Dunn of the LSV yesterday about the dates for the Spring Fun Run. We discussed the the weekend of March 23rd and April 6th. Decided to get input from other officers. It is looking like the March 23rd weekend, but nothing official yet. Will let yall know as soon as it is official.
We will be basing out of Fort Davis this time. It is a nice little town about 24 miles north of Alpine. Probably one day rideing around the loop north of town and the other day down to Terlingus, over to Precidio and back up to Fort Davis.
Yall have a great day.

RR

Re: Spring Fun Run

RR;
So, we're not planning to go into the park this year? That was the high point of the ride for me last time. As for the others, you've seen one stretch of desert, you've seen them all. The trip to the observatory was very interesting, though (I know-that was a few years ago). It would be fun to see everyone again. I would opt for a later date-better chance of good weather (I ride for fun-not to challenge the elements!)

Ride Safe & Sane;
Hank in Abq.

March 23 works for me.
Bob

Hank S.
(reference the Ft. Davis park) That was the high point of the ride for me last time.

- and we've already demonstrated (at Gila Cliff Dwellings)that we have enough oldfolks passes to get us all in for free!!

Hank S.
RR;
So, we're not planning to go into the park this year? That was the high point of the ride for me last time. As for the others, you've seen one stretch of desert, you've seen them all. The trip to the observatory was very interesting, though (I know-that was a few years ago). It would be fun to see everyone again. I would opt for a later date-better chance of good weather (I ride for fun-not to challenge the elements!)

Ride Safe & Sane;
Hank in Abq.

Actually, "better weather" was one reason I voted for March. That area can get very hot in April. Last March when Steve and I went with the BMW group to Fort Davis, we had highs in the mid 80's which was OK but much warmer would have been uncomfortable. Of course, there's no perfect weather date for that area if you need to plan months ahead. A couple of years ago when we had the 28 degree morning in Alpine, Fort Stockton had 97 degrees a week later, We've even encountered 100 degree weather in March in Study Butte and the national park. Basing out of Fort Davis will give us to ride a couple of roads we haven't ridden before (TX 17 to Balmorhea and TX118 from Kent).