Enchanted Voyagers Motorcycle Organization Forum

The Enchanted Voyagers Association is a chapter of the American Voyager Association.  The club was formed by Kawasaki Voyager Riders in New Mexico, but is open to all riders.  Please feel free to use this service.

Enchanted Voyagers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Goode morning

Good morning all
Cooling off more. Down to 48 and heading for only 78 today with clear skies. Was down to 45 when I left for church yesterday.
Bob and Charlie, glad you had a great time back east riding deals gap visiting your grand-daughter. I really enjoyed that road also. Hope your bike didn't get too damaged going down. At least it was a slow get-off. Had you recently replaced the front tire that the stem was bad? Don't hear of the front tire going down often.
Had Hank and I at The Cantina Saturday. Enjoyed a green chili cheeseburger and a great ride. Got a bag of pinto beans from Estancia while I was up there. Talked about lunch in Corona on the 10th for next month.
Have the VH this weekend and only 3 more weeks until Wheels Rolling West. Get your registrations in to Bob and Dorothy. I am already hoping we can do this again next year so I will be able to attend.
Yall have a great day.

RR

Re: Goode morning

Good morning.

Brenda

Good Morning, All!
Had a Great lunch with RR Saturday, but it was just the 2 of us. Ol'Faithful ran perfect, got great gas mileage. The front end still needs to be sorted out, though. At any rate, it was a fun ride (My first trip since the bikes' front end nearly fell off), and except for a minor electrical problem, it went well. Due to my financial status, I'm probably not going to take any more long rides this year, but I should be able to make club luncheons. I'll be doing maintenance on the bike, and saving my pennies and dimes for next year! Everyone Have a Great Day!!

Ride Safe & Sane;
Hank S.

I guess I wasn't too clear on my description of what happened. We were sailing along on I-40 at about 75 and Charlie was in the lead. He decided it was time for a fuel stop and headed down an off ramp (I think his decision was a God thing). As I was decelerating I developed this low speed wobble. It was really a tank-slapper, and I had a hard time controlling it. I did keep it upright and managed to limp into a truck stop and inspect it. It was not flat, but only had about 5# of pressure. I had replaced the valve stem about 20K miles ago and had installed a 90 degree stem I had purchased off the Nomar website. It wasn't the stiff kind that you fasten on with a nut, but rather was rubber mounted, and you pulled it through like a regular valve stem. I run Ride-on compound in the tires, and I think this kept me from losing the air too quickly. Anyway, I had the Kawi dealer install the stiff kind that's on a 45 degree angle so I can get the air chuck to it easily. I don't know how long I had been running at speed with the tire under inflated, but am considering replacing it before VH as it has almost 20K miles on it. I'm extremely thankful that Dorothy was not on this trip.
Bob