Enchanted Voyagers Motorcycle Organization Forum

The Enchanted Voyagers Association is a chapter of the American Voyager Association.  The club was formed by Kawasaki Voyager Riders in New Mexico, but is open to all riders.  Please feel free to use this service.

Enchanted Voyagers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
We are back

Hi everyone,
Charlie and I got back from the east coast yesterday after 12 days and 4,434 miles. It was a good trip with only a minor setback when I had a flat front tire in western Oklahoma. It went down slowly so there was no major handling issue. Thanks to Progressive road assistance and a Kaw shop in Elk City Ok, we were back on the road in about 3 hours. Turned out it was a bad valve stem and they just replaced it. Made it into Tenn, and to the top of the Tail of the Dragon on Fri. 10/5. Rode the Dragon on Sat morning, and found it to be very intense. It was definitely the twistiest road I have ever ridden, but I didn't think it was too much fun. But I did it, and I have a tee shirt to brag about it.
From there we dropped south into Ga. and to my granddaughter Kaitlin's place. Stayed there a couple days, long enough to fix her truck and do some serious visiting with her and her husband. On Tues. 10/9 we left for home, coming back on the I-10 corridor. We stopped off in New Orleans to look around, but otherwise stayed in the saddle. As always we survived Texas, which is about 900 miles in itself! Texas should be its own country (and I believe some Texans think that it is!) Great to be home. I got tired of staying in motels and eating restaurant food. There's No Place Like Home!!!
Bob