Enchanted Voyagers Motorcycle Organization Forum

The Enchanted Voyagers Association is a chapter of the American Voyager Association.  The club was formed by Kawasaki Voyager Riders in New Mexico, but is open to all riders.  Please feel free to use this service.

Enchanted Voyagers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Good morning

Good morning all
Well, made it thru another weekend and to another Monday. Had a great weekend with the BMW rally in Sipapu.
Put my tent away yesterday afternoon. It was all dried out. Was cloudy and cool when I got up and went to church yesterday morning, but the sun was out by the time church was done. Got up to the mid 80's, so a beautiful day.
Down to 65 this morning and heading for 90 with mostly clear skies.
A great race Saturday night. Jeff came from behind to get in the chase. Just barely with 2 points to spare. My driver Carl Edwards didn't make it, but I was glad to see Jeff in.
Remember lunch in Umbarger Saturday at noon. Bob, is noon a good time? Let me know what would work best.
Yall have a great day and week.

RR

Re: Good morning

Good morning. Cool here this morning, 55 heading for the 80's.
RR, John and I will gladly pay more for EVA membership, if it helps keep things going.!

Brenda

Good Morning, All;
58/86 today in Albuquerque...Falls coming. I looked at the bike the other day, and found major cracking in both of my saddlebag bottoms. It's not visible form the outside, you have to open them up ti see the damage. I'm not sure whats doing this. I contacted Carl Leo, and he is going to price me out 2 saddlebag bottoms, and a fairing frame so I can fix the problem with the fairing. Also, my mechanic and I looked on the Bike Bandit website, and called up a blow-up of the front end, and lo and behold!!-there IS a nut that holds the top tree on! Somehow, this must have vibrated off during the trip, thus allowing the tree to work its way off the fork tubes. When the parts get here from Carl L., I'm going to check everything out and install the new tree. I will also 'pin it'-drill a hole and place a hardened 2 or 3MM bolt through the top tree and the stem. That way, even if the nut vibrates loose, the tree will not go anywhere! I'll keep everyone posted on progress. Everyone Have a Great Day!!!

Ride Safe & Sane;
Hank S.

48/94 Started nice but the temp is up 42 degrees in the past 5 hours.

Hank, be careful drilling that hole thru the threads of the top of the triple tree that your nut will still thread onto there.

Hank sounds like you are making progress with your bike. I would go
further into detail before drilling that hole partner. Probably be alright
but you might be better off just checking things more frquently. Anyway good luck.
Rod noon is fine with me. If you would like to make it a little sooner (say around 11:00) for your time line, that would be ok too. Anyway you choose will be fine. Looking foward to it. Took that day off so everything will be fine. You be careful. Everyone else too.
Bob Bass

Hank S.
Good Morning, All;
58/86 today in Albuquerque...Falls coming. I looked at the bike the other day, and found major cracking in both of my saddlebag bottoms. It's not visible form the outside, you have to open them up ti see the damage. I'm not sure whats doing this. I contacted Carl Leo, and he is going to price me out 2 saddlebag bottoms, and a fairing frame so I can fix the problem with the fairing. Also, my mechanic and I looked on the Bike Bandit website, and called up a blow-up of the front end, and lo and behold!!-there IS a nut that holds the top tree on! Somehow, this must have vibrated off during the trip, thus allowing the tree to work its way off the fork tubes. When the parts get here from Carl L., I'm going to check everything out and install the new tree. I will also 'pin it'-drill a hole and place a hardened 2 or 3MM bolt through the top tree and the stem. That way, even if the nut vibrates loose, the tree will not go anywhere! I'll keep everyone posted on progress. Everyone Have a Great Day!!!

Ride Safe & Sane;
Hank S.

If that triple tree nut is torqued properly there shouldn't be any need to pin it.