Enchanted Voyagers Motorcycle Organization Forum

The Enchanted Voyagers Association is a chapter of the American Voyager Association.  The club was formed by Kawasaki Voyager Riders in New Mexico, but is open to all riders.  Please feel free to use this service.

Enchanted Voyagers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I'm Home!

Hey, All;
I made it in at about 11PM on Wednesday, 08/22. The bike went directly to Carl's (no relation to Carl Leo) shop, where it is sitting, waiting for him to work on it. Keith (my landlord and friend) picked me up and drove me home. By midnight I was in bed. I took the day off Thursday for a Dr's appt, and to get stuff done after the ride. I worked Friday, and that brings me up to date. As for what happened, I have never seen something like this happen on ANY motorcycle, and I'm wondering how to keep it from happening again. I came up with the idea that, after I install the new tree, I bore a 3MM hole from back to front through the top tree, and the stem bolt. I then insert a 3MM, hardened Stainless Steel bolt through the hole (back to front) and secure it with a locknut and red locktite. This should ensure that the same thing does not happen again. Meanwhile, I'm getting around in my cage. If anyone has any other ideas about this, or wants to offer advice, OR knows of a similar incident, Please let me know!
Meanwhile, Ride Safe!!

Hank