Enchanted Voyagers Motorcycle Organization Forum

The Enchanted Voyagers Association is a chapter of the American Voyager Association.  The club was formed by Kawasaki Voyager Riders in New Mexico, but is open to all riders.  Please feel free to use this service.

Enchanted Voyagers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
'Trip' Update

Well, it happened again. At least this time it wasn't an accident. Yesterday, at about 5:30PM, 32 miles south of Kayenta, Az. the front end nearly fell off my bike. This is something I've never had happen before. Apparently the threads that hold the top triple tree on the centerbolt of the tree assembly stripped, and the top triple tree (along with the handle bars and everything else) started working thier way off the fork tubes. This resulted in 'evil' handling, to say the least. The bike is currently sitting at a wrecking yard, and is unrideable, and I'm burning 150.00 a night at a local motel (Kayenta is a MAJOR tourist trap!) I'm trying to contact my mechanic in Albuquerque to see if he can come and get me and the bike ($$$$$$$!) If push comes to shove, I'll leave the bike here, and take the bus home. Then, I guess I'll be out of riding, as I will have no motorcycle to ride. I'll try to keep you guys updated. Hope to be home soon.

Ride Safe;
Hank

Re: 'Trip' Update

Sorry to hear that Hank. Hopefully your mechanic will be able to get you.
Let us know when you get home.

RR