Enchanted Voyagers Motorcycle Organization Forum

The Enchanted Voyagers Association is a chapter of the American Voyager Association.  The club was formed by Kawasaki Voyager Riders in New Mexico, but is open to all riders.  Please feel free to use this service.

Enchanted Voyagers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Good morning

Good morning all
Last day of the month. Temp down to 55 and heading for 90 with clear skies. Another beautiful day.
Power was off this morning for about 1 1/2 hours. Came on around 4. Couldn't sleep much after the power went off.
Little League starts tonight, so will be busy with that for the next 6 weeks.
Working on the EV Newsletter. If you have anything for the newsletter, get it in to me.
Less than 3 weeks until the PDCR.
Yall have a great day.

RR

Re: Good morning

Good morning.

Brenda

Good Morning, Everyone;
54/81 in ABQ today. Gonna finish putting Ol'Faithful together this afternoon after work, and maybe ride her in tomorrow. With the exception of a short ride on a Suzuki Burgman, I've been off of 2 wheels nearly 2 months!! My throttle hand is itchin' seriously!
RR, I have a couple articles I'd like to put in the NL, but my MS Office is still not working, I'll send them to you in an email (and hope there's no upper limit on the number of strokes!) Found an easy way to get crud off wheels, too. I'll share that later.
Everyone Have a Great Day!

Ride Safe & Sane;
Hank & Ol'Faithful

Bob
That ride you went on sounds like your possible fall Arizone ride. Is that right? Looking forward to that. Will have to talk more about it next month at PDCR.
Yall have a great day.

RR

Hi RR,
Yes that ride would indeed be one of the fall rides I am considering, except for the Kartchner Caverns part. The caverns are rather pricey at about $25/ head. Definitely worth it, but not sure if everyone would want to cough up the dough. Also there is an issue of reservations. However there is a derivation of this ride which would involve exiting the Interstate at Willcox and going down to Chiricahua National monument. This is a fun place to ride through and see some sights. From there we can continue south almost to the border, and come into Bisbee from the south end for lunch. After that we can return a couple of different ways, but probably by going through Tombstone.

The second day we could ride west and up to Kitt Peak Observatory. The last part of the road has some twisties, and the view from this high place is impressive. From there we could go back to Robles Junction and south and then west through the town of Arivaca, and back home.

An additional possibility would be to go into the Catalina mountains and up to Mt Lemmon. Lots of twisties, and there is a town up there called Summer Haven which has several places to get lunch. Altitude at the top is about 7000 to 8000 feet. Some great views!
Anyway, food for thought!
Bob