Enchanted Voyagers Motorcycle Organization Forum

The Enchanted Voyagers Association is a chapter of the American Voyager Association.  The club was formed by Kawasaki Voyager Riders in New Mexico, but is open to all riders.  Please feel free to use this service.

Enchanted Voyagers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
FINALLY--SUCCESS!!!!!

Hey, Everybody;
I had planned to load Ol'Faithful on to a trailer, take her to my mechanic, and let him deal with the mess I had gotten myself into. I will admit, I was depressed, and I honestly didn't want to deal with it anymore. Well, at the advice of my motorhead friend, I decided to clean off the underside of the engine, start her, and see if the 'cure' had worked...Look for oil leaks. I used an entire can of Gunk on the underside of the engine, dried her off, and started her. At first, there was a lot of steam/smoke from the water and gunk drying out, but after about 15 minutes, she settled down and started running right.
We both watched for oil leaks for about 20 minutes, and to our extreme happiness, there were no oil leaks, and no coolant leaks!! As far as I'm concerned, the job was (finally) a success. Now, for the FUN part!! Tomorrow (while everyone else is out riding) I'm going to do a detail job on the old girl, put her back together, and (probably Sunday after Church) go for a ride. All I can say is, "Thank God that's over"!!
See Ya On the Road! PDCR, Here I Come!!

Ride Safe& Sane;
Hank & Ol'Faithful

Re: FINALLY--SUCCESS!!!!!

Hey Hank,

All I can say is " it's about time " ( big grin here ) Glad to hear you got it going right this time. I hope to see you soon on the road. Please keep the right side down and the other up if you know what I am saying. I trust all you others are ok and having fun on this, another GREAT day, the Lord has made for us all.

Maverick

Re: FINALLY--SUCCESS!!!!!

Good afternoon all
Congratulations Hank. Glad it is all fixed.
Got home from HCT at 2:30. Had a great time. The weather was great, the rides were great and visiting with people there was great. Jim and Sandra did an excellent job.
Now for the PDCR. Get your reservations in and be there. I am looking forward to that. Four ore weeks.
Had a good ride home from Junction. Was nice and cool riding thru Cloudcroft.
Yall have a great day.

RR