Enchanted Voyagers Motorcycle Organization Forum

The Enchanted Voyagers Association is a chapter of the American Voyager Association.  The club was formed by Kawasaki Voyager Riders in New Mexico, but is open to all riders.  Please feel free to use this service.

Enchanted Voyagers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Gotta Question

Is I-40 across NM into AZ mountainous? I've never been that way before and when I leave WI, mapwuest takes me that way. I'll be pulling a 40' fifth wheel with a M/C trailer tagging along.

Or...

Is that the best way to go?

Re: Gotta Question

I forgot to include......then catching 260 into Phoenix.

Thanks.

Good day MM
I40 is not mountainous at all. 260 has a bit of ups and downs and curves, but not really mountainous. Have you considered going over to Flagstaff and taking I17 down into Phoenix? It wouldn't be that much further, but the road would be much better for pulling a trailer. I17 isn't mountainous. It has one place between Camp Verde and Black Canyon City where you go over a mountain range, but it is a good road.

RR

Thanks for the info RR. I take back some of those things I've been saying about you....not all you understand, just some.

I'll consider the Flagstaff route. We're not gonna be in a hurry.

MM
The I17 route only adds a little under 50 miles, but is a better route. Only adds probably 10 - 15 minutes. I have been on the route from Heber-Overgaard to Phoenix, but on the cycle and enjoyed the ride. Like I said, not bad on a 4-wheeler, but the I17 route would be more trailer friendly.

RR

"under 50 miles" = let's say 40 miles. "10-15 minutes" = let's say 12.5 minutes. => 40 miles in 12.5 minutes = 192 mph. And that's why we call him Rocket Rod, folks.

Don't know why, but I had forgotten that. Thanks Speedball.

Don't think I'll ever forget that VH at Palo Duro Canyon were RR got his name. Waitin' at that rest stop. Watchin' him fly...er...ride.