Enchanted Voyagers Motorcycle Organization Forum

The Enchanted Voyagers Association is a chapter of the American Voyager Association.  The club was formed by Kawasaki Voyager Riders in New Mexico, but is open to all riders.  Please feel free to use this service.

Enchanted Voyagers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Caprock camp out

June and I went to the Paloduro canyon state park and let me tell you it was great.There are three tent camp only sites. several RV sites and one nice combination. There are also four small rock cabins simular to KOA log cabins. I think it would be good to consider staying in the Park.

Re: Caprock camp out

Sounds like a nice place. Do you think it would be better than Caprock Canyons? Our first Spring Fun Run was at Palo Duro. It was earlier and cooler, but May would probably be better.

RR

If it's going to be in May, I'd definitely be interested. In fact, the way I think things are going to go next spring, I may be able to make both the Caprock run and the SFR! Stay Tuned!

Ride Safe & Sane;
Hank & Ol'Faithful

yes, i think it would be better than cprock. There are more trees at the sagebrush RV/tent camp. And the ride in and out of the park would be fun. There is a store a short distance away that sells sandwhitchs and some grocery items.

I just looked it up, and our first outing, the PDCR (Palo Duro Canyon Run), the forerunner of the SFR was May 5-7, 2006. Some of us stayed at the campground at that store just outside the park. I remember it was cold and damp that time. Hopefully it will be better next year. I also remember not getting much sleep at night as there were some STRANGE sounds coming out of one of the tents!!
A couple of us did ride down into the Canyon and I do remember now it had nice trees. I have some pictures of our bikes coming out of the Canyon. One of them even made it into the Voyagers Voice.
I am already looking forward to it. We do need to come up with a name for this. We could always use the PDCR again unless you can come up with a better one.

RR

Hey, RR;
Why don't we just call it the Palo Duro Campout, or maybe the Caprock Camp Out? (It sorta has a ring to it!) I have problems remembering all of these initials!

Ride Safe;
Hank S.