Enchanted Voyagers Motorcycle Organization Forum

The Enchanted Voyagers Association is a chapter of the American Voyager Association.  The club was formed by Kawasaki Voyager Riders in New Mexico, but is open to all riders.  Please feel free to use this service.

Enchanted Voyagers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SFR 2012

We are conducting a poll with the LSV on interest in the SFR for next year. At the last one this year we had discussed basing out of Fort Davis, but the weather is so unpredictable we are considering skipping a year.
So, if you would leave your thoughts here please, so we can make a decision.
Thx

RR

Re: SFR 2012

RR, I think the 'unpredictable weather' comes with the territory. There's not much we can do about it except 'Be Prepared'. One option we might consider is changing the date, take a poll and see if: a)we should leave the date about where it is, b) change it to After the HCT (warmer, less unpredictable weather),
c) turn it into a 'Fall Run' (say about a month before the VH), or e)Change the location (further north? Southern NM? somewhere in the Texas Hill Country?...which probably wouldn't go over well.)
How about making it an overnight 'breakfast or lunch run' somewhere in western Texas? Guess all we can do is wait and see what everyone else comes up with.

Ride Safe & Sane;
Hank & Ol'Faithful

Skip a year.

Brenda

I'm not sure what the unpredictability of the weather has to do with skipping a year? Are we saying turn the event into an every-other-year event?
Bob

Do I get 2 votes? I've already weighed in @ LSV with a wishy-washy, effectively: "skip it for a year" vote. I think that it will be nicely replaced (temporarily for one year)by the proposed May deal @ Caprock Canyons. Sure it's an EVA-only event but I've got a good feeling that the LSV will be ok with it.

Moving it to a later part of the year will certainly remove most of the unpredictable weather - it will be uncomfortably HOT. I've already cast my vote in favor of SFR 2012 on the LSV forum. I like having a run in March. Moving it further north would just result in even more unpredictable weather. The Big Bend / Davis Mountains area is a relatively middle area for most LSV & EVA members.

As far as skipping a year, I believe this gives us another year to think about doing the SFR, not that the weather will be better.

RR

Re: SFR 2012/Another Idea

OK, here's another idea...Have it in the Fall (1 month before the VH) in some place like Oklahoma.
Just a thought!