Enchanted Voyagers Motorcycle Organization Forum

The Enchanted Voyagers Association is a chapter of the American Voyager Association.  The club was formed by Kawasaki Voyager Riders in New Mexico, but is open to all riders.  Please feel free to use this service.

Enchanted Voyagers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lunch Ride

Had a great ride there and back home. An even better time at lunch visiting with Jim, Hank, Bob and Dorothy.
Got back home a couple minutes after 5. Was starting to get warm.
Rode over Emory Pass once each direction. It was a great time for riding the twisties.
Yall have a great day.

RR

Re: Lunch Ride

Hi all,
We got home about 5:30. Had a good time visiting, even if we were a little late! (Forgot about the time change - ha ha). Trip home was good except for head winds and riding into the sun. Still had a good time.
Bob

Got home at 6:45 pm. was a little further than I remember,345 miles. Head winds and cross winds and 29 miles a gallon. Will check the air cleaner.

Hey, All;
Just got home from church. Tried to post last night, but pushed the wrong button when I was about halfway through and deleted the whole thing, so I said "The heck with it, threw the laptop in the corner, and went to bed. It was about 9:30 PM, and I had just arrived home. More on ths later.
The ride, with one exception was awesome. It was really great to get reaquainted with Jim and Bob (AKA: the Arizona Contingent), and to see Rod again.
The conversation and the food were both great, and Jim, Bob and I shared mileage figures for the VXII, and had a 'technical discussion'. We also talked about favorite rides, and basically 'terminated male bovine lifeforms' for awhile. We broke up at about 1:30PM and all headed home-RR back over Emory Pass toward Alamogordo, while Bob and his wife headed south toward I-10. Jim and I started west on 180, but he was short on gas, and had to head back into town to fill up. Since I had a full tank, I continued on without Jim.
I headed home via 180 to hwy 12, to hwy117. 117 was a big surprise in that it turned out to be a VERY scenic highway, in my opinion one of the best in the state. There were several 'points of interest'along the road that I would have loved to stop at and investigate, if I had more time.
I came to the I-40 intersection about 6:30, and thought I'd be back in Albuq. by 7:30 at the latest.
unfortunately, I was wrong, and wound up sitting in the fast lane with my kickstand down, listening to my radiator fan cycle on and off until about 8:20 just east of Rio Puerco. APD had the freeway closed at west Central ave. because of a bad accident. When it became apparent that I would get nowhere fast, I 'split lanes' down the left side until I reached a crossover, and turned back toward Rio Puerco. I got home sometime between 8:45 and 9:00. I'd talk longer, but I want to save the rest for an article in the next NL. Everyone have a Great Mother's Day!!

Ride Safe & Sane;
Hank & Ol'Faithful