Enchanted Voyagers Motorcycle Organization Forum

The Enchanted Voyagers Association is a chapter of the American Voyager Association.  The club was formed by Kawasaki Voyager Riders in New Mexico, but is open to all riders.  Please feel free to use this service.

Enchanted Voyagers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Back Home in Oregon - Thanks for letting me join you!

I made it back to Oregon, but not without additional adventures! Besides the nails in the tire in No-Where, Texas, as I was entering Las Vegas (the other Vegas, the one in Nevada!) a woman getting on the freeway wanted to be in my lane so she came straight over. I went to give her two toots of the horn to let her know I was there but got only one toot out then nothing. Noticed the tach was at zero, temperature was zero, gas gauge at zero, automatic turn signal cancel function did not work, no oil light, no batt light. Must have blown a fuse but haven't found it yet. Rode the rest of the trip without these functions. Then, as I was leaving Morro Bay, CA on my last day I noticed I didn't have tail lights or brake lights. Don't know how long that was going on! Haven't had a chance yet to track down the problem(s).

In spite of all of this, I had a really great trip and enjoyed meeting the EVA and LSV members in Terlingua.

Special thanks to Rod and Cindy for their hospitality and to Bob and Dorothy for indulging me with the side trips in Big Bend since I missed Friday's ride due to the flat tire.

Thanks to all!

Re: Back Home in Oregon - Thanks for letting me join you!

Glad you made it back home. You have had quite an adventure.! Come back any time.

Brenda

Hey, Ron...
Thanks for joining us! You're welcome anytime! That ride was a lot of fun, I'm glad I made it! The next time you ride through Albuquerque, stop by and say 'hi'...I'll feed you dinner (or breakfast or lunch!)

Ride Safe
Hank S.

Good morning Ron
Glad you made it home. I am sure it was a relief after the tire problem and then the electrical problems. I am glad you were able to make it to at least one day of Big Bend.
You are welcome any time here at our house or on any of our rides.
And, if you are prone to writing, please write an article and get it to Hank for our next newsletter.
Have a great day and good luck with that electrical problem.

RR

Hi Ron,
Ditto all the "Glad your back's". Mechanical issues are no fun, but at least you kept it up on two wheels! Dorothy and I enjoyed your company at Big Bend. Hope to get up in your area in the not too distant future for a ride.