Enchanted Voyagers Motorcycle Organization Forum

The Enchanted Voyagers Association is a chapter of the American Voyager Association.  The club was formed by Kawasaki Voyager Riders in New Mexico, but is open to all riders.  Please feel free to use this service.

Enchanted Voyagers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Good morning

Good morning.
30/60's.
We had 16 for the LSV lunch yesterday.
Y'all have a good day. Be safe.

Brenda

Re: Good morning

Hi, All;
After church today, I headed out to a friends place east of Moriarty to check out a 'cage' he wants to sell me. After I was done at his place (I'll probably buy the 'cage'...I need something with a permanent rain suit and heat for the winter), it was too beautiful an afternoon to waste, so I went on a short ride. After getting back to Moriarty without getting back on the freeway. I headed south on 41 to 60, then west through Mountainair (where I ALMOST stopped at the Ancient Cities Cafe for dinner), then I headed north on 47 towards Belen. 47 is a nearly straight,fairly wide road that is in good repair. I was ambling along at about the speed limit when this little car passes me doing about 80. I didn't pay much attention until I realized that it was one of those idiotic little 'smart cars'...Then I got real mad! Here I was on a bike that had racing DNA in it's genes (and if you don't believe me, check out Don Medina's article in the latest Voyager's Voice!),
and Ol'Faithful and I were not about to let ourselves be passed by this WORTHLESS PIECE OF AUTOMOTIVE TRASH!!! I dropped her a gear, and proceeded to suck the doors off of that WORTHLESS PIECE OF AUTOMOTIVE TRASH as we blew by her with a speed differential of about 25mph. I was so mad that I wound Ol'Faithful to redline in 4th, dropped her in to fifth and poured it to her until I could no longer see the lights of that simulated pile of junk in my rear view mirror. Then, I looked at my speedometer. WHYOOPS!!! Time to throw out the anchor! We traveled on into Albuquerque at a decorus rate of speed, and I never saw that 'Dumb Car' again. I guess it's a good thing, if that snob was to pull up next to me at a stop light, I was planning on getting off Ol'Faithful, and seeing if I could flip it over
Anyway, we made it back into town, and I finally cooled off, and all's right with the world. Guess I'll grab a light dinner and hit the sack. Everyone have a Wonderful Evening!

Ride Safe;
Hank S.