Enchanted Voyagers Motorcycle Organization Forum

The Enchanted Voyagers Association is a chapter of the American Voyager Association.  The club was formed by Kawasaki Voyager Riders in New Mexico, but is open to all riders.  Please feel free to use this service.

Enchanted Voyagers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Good morning

Good morning.
56/62, temp drop, rain and wind due this afternoon.
Busy morning on tap, and try to beat the weather in.
Y'all have a good day. Be safe.

Brenda

Re: Good morning

Good morning all
Still staying warm. Only down to 45, but the high is supposed to be only 56. Then down to 28 tomorrow morning.
Hope you get your things done before the bad weather comes in Brenda.
Bob and Dorothy, haven't heard from you in a few weeks. How are the new helmets? have you been riding Dorothy? How is it going? Will yall be coming to the SFR?
Hank, how bout lunch at the cantena in Willard on Monday the 21st of February. That is Presidents day so we should have off. Hopefully the weather will be good then and with enough notice hopefully more can come.
Yall have a great day.

RR

Good Morning, All;
It's 37, headed for a high of 50 in Albuquerque today.
Have a question about oil viscosities and cold weather. I know oil gets thicker when cold, and every time I try to start the Rocket in the early morning, the battery has a hard time turning it over, and it will not start. However, in the afternoon, it will start. Question...Do dealers normally do an oil change in used bikes they get in on trade? The Rockets last owner lived in Phoenix, and I'm thinking he may have put heavier oil in it for some reason. Any ideas or advice would be appreciated.
RR, the Cantina on 2/21 sounds good to me. That would give us plenty of time to make calls and talk it up on the Forum. Everyone have a Great Thursday!!

Ride Safe & Sane; and PLEASE-ATGATT!!!
Hank, Ol'Faithful, & the Silver Bullet
'03 Voyager XII~Last of the Breed

Hank
I would think a dealer would change the oil and filter when they get a bike in on trade. Just to know it has been done. Probably no guarantee though. Are you saying it hasn't been changed since you got it? That has been almost two years.
It would have a hard time turning over number one because the oil is cold and number two just because it is cold the battery doesn't have the cranking power when in warmer temps.
I wouldn't think the oil would make that much difference though.
RR

Hi everyone,
Haven't used the new helmets yet. I still have to install the comm. devices, but the weather has been so beautiful that I have been engrossed with outside projects around the house and property. I have ridden the bike about once a week, solo, just running errands. We are planning to attend SFR, and I need to send a check to Brenda for our EVA dues.
Hank, I suppose it's argueable that someone living in Phoenix might put in, say 20-50, because of the heat. In theory this might cause harder starting on cold days over using a 10-40. In any case, you should change the oil on the Rocket and use a good 10-40 weight oil. Just my 2 cents worth.
Bob